Please remember that written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using our forums.
- Forum moderators are here to try and help you as well as moderate what goes on here, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
- Any decisions made by any moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of twitchclub.com reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
- If you have a complaint regarding another user, bring it to the moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Use a title that describes the content of your post (you might also start your title with the word “Review” or something similar).
- Please use system tags where appropriate (i.e. [PS4] for a Playstation 4 exclusive title, or [MULTI] for a title available on multiple platforms, etc.).
- Don’t use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
- Whilst there’ currently no limit to the number of emoticons allowed in a post, please use them sparingly. Try to make your post readable.
- Political and relgious discussions are discouraged.
- Flaming – We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
- Trolls – Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting ‘flame bait’ type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
- Personal insults (directed at anyone) can result in a temporary ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
- Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forum users) may not agree with you. If you can’t keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
- To make things 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
- Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum users, Discord users, anyone that uses any of our social media services (whether they are members of the forum or not) or moderators.
- Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color, mysogynism or many other “ism”s.
- Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
- Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
- We understand that people have strong feelings about games, and how people respond (or don’t) to comments on the forums. We all aren’t going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
- DO NOT Transmit or post any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials (“Content”) that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual’s real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster’s permission.
- DO NOT Post or transmit any content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous content.
- DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation.
- DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
- DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
- DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
- DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party.
- DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
- DO NOT complain about being banned and DO NOT complain about other forum users – that is between you and the admin, no need to get anyone else involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
- Multiple registrations result in a ban.
- No offensive user names
- Avatars: please make sure they are not offensive.
- Signatures: please make sure they are not offensive or contain links that break any of the above rules.
Crossing the line into “offensive” territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, signature or avatar, or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.
A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you, may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct “thought police”, we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
- Please be understanding if you are advised or asked to change something.
- In general, if a sig/avatar is clearly designed to cause offense or is an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. This is NOT the place to make any extremist political or religious statements of any kind.
Final Note: these rules are NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start complaining if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning. Again, if you feel you are being unjustly treated please email email@example.com for assistance.